The Ghana Airports Company Limited (GACL) has published the guidelines for all arriving and departing passengers who will pass through the Kotoka International Airport (KIA).
The guidelines come into effect on Tuesday, September 1, 2020. All departing and arriving passengers are required to meet all the guidelines.
All Passengers will be required to meet the following guidelines prior to departure:
• Departing passengers will be required to adhere to COVID-19 testing requirements for the destination countries
• Departing passengers will be required to always wear a face mask appropriately and adhere to social distancing as well as hygiene protocols
• Departing passengers will undergo temperature screening at the entrance of Terminal 3 departures
• Only passengers and persons with business in the terminal will be allowed entry
• Online check-in or the use of self-service kiosks is strongly encouraged to reduce physical contact at the airport
• Passengers are advised to arrive at the airport at least hours before scheduled flights
• Travelling with pets will not be allowed
• Passengers are advised to regularly use hand sanitizing stations provided in the terminal
All international arrivals including those from the ECOWAS region will be required to meet the following health requirements prior to admission into Ghana by the Ghana Immigration Service:
• Passengers must not have symptoms suggestive of COVID-19 including body temperature >38°C
• Passengers must possess a COVID-19 negative PCR test result from an accredited laboratory in the country of origin
o The test should have been done not more than 72 hours before the scheduled departure time from the country of origin
o For passengers who transit through other countries before arriving in Ghana, the first country of departure will be the reference point
o For passengers who depart Ghana and return within one (1) week, the passengers will not be required to present a COVID-19 result from the country of departure. They will, however, undergo mandatory COVID-19 testing upon arrival in Ghana
o Airline crew are exempted from the pre-departure and arrival testing and should follow airline policy for testing
o Airlines who board passengers without a PCR test result or a Positive PCR test result will be sanctioned
o Children under 5years of age will not be required to undergo testing at the airport
o Persons who arrive under emergency circumstances such as diverted flights will not be required to undergo testing if they do not leave the airport or remain in transit such that they do not leave the hotel
• Passengers must wear face mask appropriately (extending from the middle of the nasal bridge to halfway between the chin and the neck)
• Passengers will be subjected to mandatory COVID-19 test at the airport terminal at the cost of $150 to be borne by the passenger
• All persons testing positive will receive further clinical assessment and treatment.
• All persons testing negative will be advised to continue to observe COVID-19 safety precautions following arrival in Ghana.